Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ron 2-Gazillion (more or less) Bees 2

So, I get the spray bottle of liquid SEVIN, wait for nightfall (thud), and spray the living crap out of those *!@#%& BEES! Hmmm, the next morning many little bee carcuses, carcai, carcussses, non-living bee bodies are lying around on and in the wall! Woo Hoo! Not so fast buckwheat, there are still a multitude of the rotten little beasts of questionable parentage flying around and crawling in/out of their entrance/exit. Bollocks! Though there don't seem to be as many of them, there are still way more than I want. Sooo night falls once again (thud). I spray even more SEVIN into their scowling little bee faces. The next morning, even fewer faces!

By now I have discovered that there is no storeroom wall between it (the storeroom) and the alley wall so all of the soapy water/Hot Shot/PineSol/Wasp&Hornet Killer/Seven has been going into the storeroom soaking the crap out of who-the-heck knows what that is piled ever-so-tightly into that end of the storeroom. Oh well, such are the adversities of bee slaying.

I feel it is now time to use the bugbom and sealo foamo expando crapo stuff. Off to Wal-Mart I trot and find that it is impossible to buy a can of bugbom. By the way, I'm leaving off the "b" to fool the stupid cybersitter that thinks I might be Alkaida. Anywho, I wind up buying the super economy 4-pack of Hot Shot (my favorite brand now it seems) Fogger. Night falls (thud). I make my way to all most the back of the storeroom, start the fogger, place it on a semi-level box, and run like a dirty shirt for the door. Well, maybe not run as there was the lawn mower, 3 bikes, a table saw, scroll saw, drill press, waterbed parts, pool solar blanket and various & sundry other paraphernalia to avoid on my way out. I then shut and lock the door to wait for the morning. Sunup. Only one or two bees make their appearance. Good. After work there are a few more of them so (thud) I set off another bugbom inside and one outside spraying directly into the bee entrance/exit. Morning comes, I see no bees so I use the sealo foamo expando crapo stuff in nearly every nook I can find/reach. I left the rest of the sealing to Danny since I had to go to work and was dressed like it. He got some of the gunk on his shorts so he quit.

Hoozah! Hoozah! I think I finally won the bee war! Unfortunately I won't have time until after Sarah's wedding/reception to make my way to the back of the storeroom to see what hiveage exists and what kind of disaster I created with all the gunk I sprayed in there. It shouldn't cost much more than the wedding to clean it up.

3 comments:

Benjamin said...

What a week! Marrying off one of the daughters and killing the bee colony. Way to go! Thanks for the update.

Lesley said...

That last comment was from me, doesn't quite sound like Benjamin :)

Linda said...

This has been a stressful week or two but after reading your blog--I just kept thinking-I am SO glad that was not me! I had no idea bees could be so hard to get rid of. I'd love to see some video of all your bee experiences but I guess you'd rather not spend any more time with them than you have to. :-)