Monday, October 13, 2008

Where Have You Been Grandpa?

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. I plan to chop this blog into more palatable chunks so as to deter potential readers from considering it to be the next great American novel. First off, the reason for such a long gap in gapoz. Upon my return flight from Boise on 22 SEP (more about that wonderful trip later) , I felt a twinge in what I imagined to be the sinus on the left side of my schnozz. No biggie, thought I. WRONG! Soon twinge blossomed to semi-large ice-pick protruding from aforementioned spot accompanied by double vision. Very long story shortened as much as I can: trips to emergency room, ophthalmologist, Dr Moe Howard, fistsfulls of pills, ophthalmologist again, MRI, and finally (oh, blessed relief!) steroids prescribed by the dear, sweet ophthalmologist. Within an hour of taking the steroids the pain that had been constant for almost three weeks was gone! I still have to have a CAT-scan and am back to wearing the eye-patch (arrrgh!) but I can function once again and even sleep.

No comments: