Sunday, August 24, 2008

Howe Home News (Tucson Branch)

All is as exciting as usual at the Howe home. Morgan, Melissa's second daughter, had an emergency appendectomy last Thursday. Unfortunately they were a bit late as her appendix had already burst. She's doing fine but Grandma is frustrated at being so far away and not having the money for airfare to go help. She reminded me that we went through things like that and did just fine without Grandma even though it would have been nice to have her there. It's one of life's lessons about living away from family.

Scott, Ben, and families are firmly ensconced in the little trailers and tents on the prairie. I hauled three big barrels of water down there yesterday afternoon in Pete's recently purchased truck. Believe me when I say TRUCK, I mean TRUUUU-UUK! This monster is a 1987 Ford F-150 4X4 with a six inch lift and tires as big as a Buick. He has an extreme case of buyer's remorse and will probably put it back on Craig's List but since He only paid $2000 for it he should make out okay. I'm just happy to have the busted-up fountain chunks Finally removed from my front yard. I was afraid that mess was going to be my lawn ornament until after Dan gets back from his mission. He's going to Pocatello, Idaho by the way and reports October 15th. Back in my old stomping grounds, it should be way exciting. Oddly enough, a female in his ward is going to the same mission on the same date. That reminds me. After they, Pete and Dan, hauled off the concrete fountain chunks, they got cleaned up and went to Mesa for a ward Temple trip. Dan hasn't been to the temple yet so I guess he just hung out up there. Pete called around 8 0'clock to let us know that they were out of the temple and going to get something to eat before heading home. He called again later to inform me that they were on their way to San Diego. They had gotten to the turn-off on I-10 and decided to make a right and head for the beach. They were already in their church clothes so they'd be ready for church. They planned to stop somewhere before midnight to pick up some shorts to wear to the beach. Did I mention that they have Lisa, Annie, and Neely (the with the call to Pocatello) with them. They will be back tonight so everyone will be ready for work tomorrow. Somehow, I think they have inherited some nutso gene from somewhere.

On a much saner note, Sarah and Reese were speaking in their new ward this morning so I went to hear them. They were excellent.

Well, that’s the news from the Howe Home where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking , and all the children are above average.

P.S. Sorry about the font changes. This started out as an e-mail to my niece Ronda and went weird from there.

No comments: